Home Learning Provision for Self-Isolating Families
The document below was produced by the Universities of Oxford and Reading on supporting children’s worries around Covid-19:
We are aware that there may be times when you are asked to self-isolate while waiting on Covid-19 test results. During this time, learners will not be able to return to school until a negative test is obtained or the end of a period of self-isolation. We don’t want our learners to miss out during this time, especially as many children are perfectly well and able to learn. Below are some details explaining this provision.
- Please don’t worry if your child is not well enough to complete these activities. You can opt-out of this service if you need to.
- If your child(ren) are off school due to covid-19 self-isolation they should complete activities from one of the CEC Home Learning Grids
- Please email the school if you require support or feedback throughout the school day.
- The Home Learning Activities are available from the links below.
- If your child/ren has been required to isolated before please consider which of these grids your child has completed work from before and begin the next grid.
- Each grid is one week of work so please therefore aim to complete roughly one row of work for each day of isolation.
Some points to note…
-This provision is only be offered to families whose children are self-isolating due to someone in the family having Covid-19 symptoms. It is not offered to children who are off school sick. If your child is ill, they should use this time to rest and recuperate ready to come back once they are better.
-This provision is for individuals and families awaiting a test result or self-isolating due to another member of the household testing positive.
Education Scotland Resources
Education Scotland have refreshed the signposting resource outlining key supports, advice and resources for individuals or groups of children and young people during periods of self-isolation and/or school closures during the pandemic.
Remote Learning Homework Grids for Individuals Self-Isolating