HT update 21.2.20
A warm welcome back to all our children after the February break!
It was lovely to see our Vision Time groups get up and running this week with children from across Primary 2 to Primary 7 coming together to take part in a variety of activities linked to our school vision of becoming a Curious, Creative Community.
Please let us know if you are able to support in any way. The clubs are below:
- Football club with Mr Anderson and Mr Scott
- Ratho Detectives (P4-7) with Mrs Dixon – A science based enquiry project
- Ratho Runners with Miss Tumblety and Miss Wallace – a running club
- Basketball Club with Mr Welander
- Library Leaders with Mr Rae – a club focussing on organising and improving our school library to support Library Lynn!
- Animation Club with Miss Mansur – using iPad apps to create animations
- Expressive Art Club with Mrs Mitchell – creating a mural together linked to our school vision
- Art Journaling with Mrs Masterson – using a journal to harness artistic creativity and understand emotions (P5-7)
- Outdoor club with Miss Burgess and P6 helpers – an outdoor club looking a games, activities and den building outside
- Podcasting club with Miss McGhee – creating a school podcast to be shared with the community
- Origami club with Miss Davis and P6 helpers
- Cooking club with Mr Riley-Morrison and Mrs Mitchell
- Board Games club with Mrs Humphries
P5 Scratch Sharing the Learning Event
It was lovely to welcome families of the children in Primary 5 into the school this week so the children could share their learning in computing science using scratch to develop programs using code. The children were very successful learners with this and have enjoyed using our wonderful new laptops fundraised by the whole school community! A big well done to P5!
Scotland Touch Rugby call up for Mr Rae
Congratulations to Mr Rae who was selected for the over 40s touch rugby Scotland squad recently. We wish him well in his international rugby career!
Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood Programme
We will be began our RSHP programme this week.
Parent and carer guides for each stage are available on our website here:
The NHS have a handy guide on talking to your children about relationships and sexual wellbeing which can be accessed here:
Sharing the learning events
We have really enjoyed sharing the children’s learning with our families with our ‘Sharing the learning events’ this year and we will send a survey out later in the year to gather your views. Below are the remaining events that were shared at the start of the year:
|Class ‘Sharing the Learning’||Dates|
Have a lovely weekend,
All the best,