Universal Free School Meals
The Scottish Government funds universal free school meals for all children in primary 1 to 5.
However, this does not automatically entitle you to receive the meal payments during holidays, free milk, clothing grant or child bridging payment.
Please take a minute to look at the income-based eligibility criteria listed below. If you meet any of the requirements we would highly recommend you apply using the link below:
Eligibility for free school lunches
Your child can get free lunches in school if you get:
· Universal Credit (where your monthly earned income is not more than £625)
· income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
· income-based Employment and Support Allowance
· support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Your child is also entitled to free school lunches if you get:
· both Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and have an income of up to £7,500
If you require any help in completing the forms please contact the school office who will be happy to assist.
Find up to date information on the support and activities available for families across Edinburgh at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/supportforfamilies
If you need help finding support for you or your child, email firstname.lastname@example.org