Home learning for children self-isolating
Dear Parents and Carers of Ratho Primary School,
Home Learning Provision for Families Self-Isolating
We are aware that there may be times when you are asked to self-isolate while waiting on Covid-19 test results. During this time, you will not be able to return to school until a negative test is obtained. We don’t want our learners to miss out during this time, especially as many children are perfectly well and able to learn! Therefore, as of tomorrow, we are introducing a home learning provision for these circumstances. Below are some details explaining this provision.
- If your child(ren) are off school due to covid-19 self-isolation, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org . In this email, there will be attached activities for children to complete that day. This service will be run by one of our teachers.
- Please don’t worry if your child isn’t well enough to complete these activities. You can opt-out of this service if you need to.
- You can use this email to get support or feedback throughout the school day.
- Near the end of the school day, there is an option for your children to receive a call (either through a phone call or video call via Microsoft Teams), to check over work and get some feedback on their learning. The link to the council’s’ Responsible use Protocol’ can be found at the top of this post so you are aware of how we will keep children and staff safe during video calls. Please familiarise yourself with this before your child receives a video call.
- We will email you with activities each day your child has to self-isolate.
Some point to note.
-This provision will be staffed Monday – Thursday. We cannot staff this on a Friday due to staffing restrictions in the school. We will email you with 2 days’ worth of work on a Thursday because of this.
-This provision will only be offered to families whose children are self-isolating due to someone in the family having Covid-19 symptoms. It is not offered to children who are off school sick. If your child is ill, they should use this time to rest and recuperate ready to come back once they are better.
-This provision is for individuals and families awaiting a test result. Should a positive case be detected in the school, and a larger group of children have to self-isolate for 14 days, bespoke arrangements will be made to enhance this provision.
-We are looking to move this service onto a more responsive platform (perhaps Teams), in the future once we have the infrastructure in place. However, we wanted to get started with the email provision in the meantime.
-We will be starting home learning up for the rest of the school in the near future. We are currently prioritising working on home-learning contingency plans, should these need to be put in place quickly.
I hope you are all well, and I look forward to seeing you as soon as we are able!