HT Update 7.2.20
7th February 2020
It was lovely to see the children so engaged with the Scots language yesterday at our assembly. We had the pleasure of seeing the children perform a wide range of poems! Thank you for your support with this learning!
Depute Head: Connect Programme
I was delighted to be accepted on to the South East Improvement Collaborative’s Depute Headship Connect Programme recently. The South East Improvement Collaborative is a group of local authorities from the South East (Borders, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian and Midlothian) that are working together to improve outcomes for our children. I will be joining four Depute Head Teachers from each authority on a number of dates over the next 9 months to take part in professional learning and to build a network of depute heads. Today is my first session and I’m looking forward to getting started. The sessions are mostly on a Friday and Mrs Nicolson or Mrs Glover will be leading the school on these days.
We are looking forward to our five week block of Vision Time starting on Wednesday 19th February from 13.30 – 14.15. Please let us know if you are able to support in any way. The clubs are below:
- Football club with Mr Anderson and Mr Scott
- Ratho Detectives (P4-7) with Mrs Dixon – A science based enquiry project
- Ratho Runners with Miss Tumblety and Miss Wallace – a running club
- Basketball Club with Mr Welander
- Library Leaders with Mr Rae – a club focussing on organising and improving our school library to support Library Lynn!
- Animation Club with Miss Mansur – using IPad apps to create animations
- Expressive Art Club with Mrs Mitchell – creating a mural together linked to our school vision
- Art Journaling with Mrs Masterson – using a journal to harness artistic creativity and understand emotions (P5-7)
- Outdoor club with Miss Burgess and P6 helpers – an outdoor club looking a games, activities and den building outside
- Podcasting club with Miss McGhee – creating a school podcast to be shared with the community
- Origami club with Miss Davis and P6 helpers
- Cooking club with Mr Riley-Morrison and Mrs Mitchell
- Board Games club with Mrs Humphries
Sharing the learning events
We have really enjoyed sharing the children’s learning with our families with our ‘Sharing the learning events’ this year and we will send a survey out later in the year to gather your views. Below are the remaining events that were shared at the start of the year:
|Class ‘Sharing the Learning’||Dates|
Please note that our enthusiastic classes may schedule extra events across the remainder of the year. We are mindful of giving our families as much notice as possible of these events moving forward.
Professional Recognition for Miss Tumblety
Miss Tumblety earned professional recognition this week from the General Teaching Council for Scotland for her work on supporting teacher learning through study at the University of Edinburgh. Well done Miss Tumblety!
I wish you all a wonderful break,
All the best,